Code Enforcement Office
The Code Enforcement Officer (CEO) is in the Town Office every Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Telephone Number 338-3819 ext 5.
Toupie Rooney, Code Enforcement Officer, Licensed Plumbing Inspector, and Addressing Agent
The CEO is your first stop for any new construction in Town. The CEO can assist you with and answer your questions about Site Plan Review, Subdivision, Building Permits, Plumbing and Septic Systems, Shoreland Zoning, and zoning within the Northport Village Corporation.
The CEO works with and applies several ordinances:
- Building Permit Ordinance
- Site Plan Review Ordinance
- Shoreland Zoning Ordinance
- Northport Village Corporation (Bayside) Zoning Ordinance
- E911 Ordinance
The CEO handles several permit applications:
- Fee Schedule for Building Permits, Subdivision, Site Plan Review, Zoning Board of Appeals, Plumbing and Septic
- Building Permit Application
- Site Plan Review Application
- Shoreland Permit Application
- Subdivision Application
- Plumbing Permit Application
- Demolition Permit Application
- Asbestos Building Demolition Permit Application
To appeal a decision of the CEO, you may file a request for a hearing with the Zoning Board of Appeals.
If you are concerned about any suspected violations of any of these ordinances, please contact the CEO and submit a Complaint Form.
Toupie Rooney, Plumbing Inspector
Maine State Plumbing Code requires an internal plumbing permit for the addition or relocation of any plumbing fixture.
In addition, any new construction or replacement of any part thereof, requires a Subsurface Waste Water Disposal System designed by a site evaluator and permitted by the local plumbing inspector.
The permit fees vary based on each individual project. Please contact the Plumbing Inspector with questions regarding the permit fees.
Internal Plumbing Permit Application